December 4, 2023

ABC Book

During my baby shower on 11/19/23, we had each couple/family color in a page of a coloring book to create baby's first ABC book!  We also saved a few pages for people who were visiting us around the same time to celebrate our upcoming baby.



Aiden & Mia, fellow dog lovers
who brought puppy Ocean into our lives

Ba, my 96 year old grandmother, 
who flew in from Texas to meet my baby

Josie representing The Fleegle family
(not pictured: Steph, Matt, Helena, Matty)

Bill's work buddy Ron with his daughter Audrey

Jenn, Joe, & Gwenyth who visited us
from WA right before the shower

Ynhu, who bought and helped set up
the baby shower decorations

Aimee & Steve, my tap dancing and snorkeling buddies
"Gummy Bear" is one of our nicknames for our baby

Vanessa, who visited from the Big Island right after the shower

Sanja & Chad, who are sharing their pregnancy journey with us

Jamie, baby's fairy godmother,
who visited from Portland right after the shower

Kwock & Ciara, our fellow food and haunted house lovers

My mom named me Lien which means Lotus.
I named my daughter Iris which means Rainbow.
Mom colored in Lotus and I colored in Rainbow.

Mau: my mentor, hiking buddy, and travel friend

Shelby & Arun, amazing cooks and fellow dog/hiking enthusiasts

Anne & Jun, who threw our baby shower!

My sister Lan, who is a pianist
"Unimportant" is a quote from Alice in Wonderland

Fatema, my puzzle/escape room buddy,
with her kids Imran & Rehan

Me as Mom!
My baby's middle name will be Iris, which means rainbow

Mimi, our realtor who will be planting a guava tree for the baby!

My tap buddy Brittany (& her boyfriend Wayne).
She colored in the shoes the same way my own tap shoes are painted.

My ukulele buddy Kate, who took me on my babymoon

Caryn & Lisa, who teach me tap,
and their dog Jojo who joins our pups on beach play dates

My husband Bill, who got to sign his name "Dad" for the first time

Michelle, my friend from work, with her baby Nico

Cynthia & Mayur, our food & show friends

Chun, my friend from residency

Bill & Me at the baby shower

My work buddy Raquel, who colored in this
picture my sister Lan made of me & her (The Kratzke Sisters)


In the end, I turned the coloring pages into 2 separate books:
1. A laminated, baby-friendly book that's less destructible (we'll be able to use this one right away).
2. A scrapbook-style book that ends with polaroids of everyone who participated (she can have this one when she's a little older).  
Front Covers of the Books

Inside Pages of the Books

Polaroid Credits #1 (Pages A-D)

Polaroid Credits #2 (Pages E-L)

Polaroid Credits #3 (Pages M-T)

Polaroid Credits #4 (Pages U-Z)

Back Covers of the Books

Materials used:
Card stock, markers, access to a colored printer, paper cutter, scissors, glue
Laminated book: laminator/paper, mini-hole punch & binding strips, corner cutter
Scrapbook: blank scrapbook, polaroid/film, photo corners, label maker/strips

No comments:

Post a Comment