December 3, 2023

Surprise Ukulele Wall Art for the Baby Room!

Our friends Anne & Jun threw us a baby shower on Nov 19th, 2023.  Before the party, Anne met up in secret with a bunch of our guests to hand out paint pens and wooden ukulele cutouts.  Each couple/family decorated an ukulele and brought it along with them to the party.  It was an amazing surprise!

Ukulele decorations on the wall of our baby room!

Organizing the ukuleles with my sister

Anne & Jun, who threw the party and came up with this idea! 
Anne loves Japanese art, and I think it comes through here

Aimee & Steve stole the show with this movable honu-lele!
Inspired by a t-shirt design I made years ago for my uke buddies

Ron, who added a tap from a tap shoe!
The "M" at the top stands for our baby's first name Max

Raquel, who knows I love my puppy Ocean.
The back says: "A small piece of the ocean for Ocean's sister"

Wayne painted a white walking iris, based on a photo
that was taken in Hawaii.  Iris will be baby's middle name

Arun & Shelby, whose design illustrates our upcoming baby,
in addition to our love of music and dogs

Sanja & Chad, who included baby's first name.
Sanja is pregnant too, and we're looking forward to Max meeting Luka!

My husband Bill's ukulele, which he made at the party.  
I never knew he was so creative!

Rainbow series #1: My ukulele, which I made during the party.
Baby's middle name will be Iris, which means rainbow

Rainbow series #2: My sister Lan, who visited the
following month to meet her new niece 

Rainbow series #3: Mom, who wrote
a poem about my rainbow baby

Rainbow series #4: Baby's fairy godmother Jamie,
who filmed "Pineapple Princess" on ukulele with me

Rainbow series #5: Ynhu, who bought and set up baby shower
decorations even though she was busy at home with a 2 mo old!

Rainbow series #6: Kate, who included baby's name.  My name Lien
means lotus.  Kate & I held octopuses together in the Big Island.

Rainbow series #7: Caryn & Lisa.  Caryn is my tap teacher
and included a sticker from our tap company

Rainbow series #8: Chun, who made us
the rainbow and dog using shrinky dinks

Rainbow series #9: Steph, Matt, Josie, Helena, & Matty

Rainbow series #10: Cynthia & Mayur

Rainbow series #11: Kwock & Ciara

Colorful stripes by Ba,
my 96 year old maternal grandmother

Abstract colorful art from Fatema & her family

Hearts and swirls from Vanessa

A cherry ice cream sundae from Brittany

An engraving with Max Iris's details, made
the day she was born by my birthing class teacher Jenn
@auntyjennsgifts

Little Max Iris

No comments:

Post a Comment